Your MoneyLion Checking account will be closed and your MoneyLion Visa Debit Card will expire on September 1 (see the Finances tab for a countdown), so it will not work after that date. We recommend that you cut it up and dispose of it at that time for your security.
We can help you transition to a new RoarMoney account with awesome banking features like getting paid up to two days early and more. Plus, you'll get a RoarMoney virtual card that you can use for mobile pay as soon as you activate it and set a PIN. No waiting for your new debit card to arrive in the mail!
Here are important dates and next steps related to the closure of your MoneyLion Checking account:
DEPOSIT CUT-OFF ON JULY 31
Most deposits into MoneyLion Checking received after July 31, 2020, will not be accepted and will be returned to the person or company that issued the check (essentially, deposits will be “returned to sender” and therefore will take longer to be rerouted to you). Here's what you can do to ensure uninterrupted access to your funds:
- Update your payroll or benefits provider or other payers, as applicable, with your new account information as soon as possible.
- Discontinue making any manual transfers or deposits into your MoneyLion Checking account as soon as possible.
ACCOUNT CLOSURE ON SEPTEMBER 1
Your MoneyLion Checking account will be closed on September 1, 2020. Here’s what you can do to plan ahead and ensure there’s no disruption in access to your funds.
- Transfer the funds from your MoneyLion Checking account to a RoarMoney account or to your external account before September 1, 2020.
- Update any recurring bill payments with your new account info, as any payments from MoneyLion Checking will be declined after September 1, 2020.
- Download any statements you’d like to keep by going to the Finances tab of the app, tapping More, and selecting “View statements and tax docs” under MoneyLion Checking.