If you have a MoneyLion Checking account, we'll always try to deduct your Instacash payment from MoneyLion Checking first. This will always be your primary repayment method and and cannot be changed. You may also need to have a secondary or backup payment method: a debit card that is linked to Instacash. This requirement is waived for users with an active direct deposit in their MoneyLion checking account.
How to view or change your payment method
1. Request Instacash, and select an amount. The debit card will be displayed under "Alternative repayment method" on the "Confirm Instacash" screen.
2. To add or update the card, tap on the debit card (or "Add debit card" link) under "Alternative repayment method".
3. Confirm that that the debit card you are about to add:
- Is associated with the checking account where you receive your paychecks.
- Is not a MoneyLion Visa Debit Card
- Is not a credit card.
- Has an expiration date that is more than a month away.
4. Select a card from your wallet or tap "Add a payment method" to add a new card.
5. Enter the information for the debit card you want to use and hit "Next".
6. Confirm your billing address for the card being added and hit "Next".
Once the card is added, all future Instacash repayments will be attempted from this debit card, if we're not able to collect the repayment from your MoneyLion Checking account.