In order to unlock Instacash advances, you need to link a checking account that contains recurring direct deposits. To set up a direct deposit into an external account, you will need to ask your employer for a written or online direct deposit form. If one isn’t available, you should ask your financial institution to see if they have one. Once you get it, you can fill it out and submit the form to your employer. If you have other types of recurring income deposits, please reach out to your payor to ask for direct deposit information. For example, if you receive federal benefits, you can sign up for direct deposits online at godirect.gov.
You can also create a RoarMoneySM account and easily set up direct deposit into your RoarMoney account.
Here’s how to do it:
- Once you’ve set up your RoarMoney account, go to the Accounts tab from the Home screen of the MoneyLion app and select your RoarMoney account.
- From the RoarMoney account screen, choose “More” and then “Add direct deposit.”
- Select “Set up direct deposit”, hit “Continue” and then you can search for your employer or payroll provider.
- You can then choose the amount of your paycheck or other income to deposit into your RoarMoney account.
It’s that easy! And, setting up direct deposits into a RoarMoney account is also the easiest way to unlock the highest amounts of Instacash. When you do that, your Instacash limit will be up to 30% of your direct deposit amount, up to a maximum of $1000. And, setting up recurring direct deposit into your RoarMoney account will also enable the Safety Net feature. See here to learn more!
Just remember, to qualify for higher amounts of Instacash advances, you need recurring direct deposits into your account. Please note: It may take us up to three (3) consecutive deposits to validate that it is recurring. More than one type of direct deposit or inconsistent direct deposits may affect your eligibility for Instacash or may affect your Instacash limit.
Here are examples of income types that might NOT qualify or may affect your Instacash limit:
- Inconsistent or random deposits from freelance work
- ATM, mobile, or cash deposits
- A single paycheck from a new employer
- Direct deposits of an amount that is too low to be treated as income, e.g., the recurring deposit amount is only $1
If you don't meet the regular direct deposit requirements for Instacash advances at this time, please come back and try again if your situation changes! Our system constantly reviews your linked accounts for recurring deposits, and therefore your eligibility status may be updated from time to time.
Please note: If you’re a Credit Builder Plus member, but you have late or missed loan payments, you may not be eligible for Instacash advances until your payments are current.
RoarMoney℠ demand deposit accounts are provided by, and MoneyLion Debit Mastercard® are issued by, MetaBank®, National Association, Member FDIC. RoarMoney is a service mark of MoneyLion, which offers and provides services for the RoarMoney Account among its suite of financial products and services. Mastercard is a registered trademark, and the circles design is a trademark of Mastercard International. Funds are FDIC insured, subject to applicable limitations and restrictions, when we receive the funds deposited to your account.