If your MoneyLion Visa Debit Card isn't working, we're sorry for the inconvenience and happy to help. Please review the options below to see if they're affecting your card: First, be sure your MoneyLion Visa Debit Card is activated. You can do this in the app, or call our automated activation line at 701-566-6561. Here's a step-by-step video on how to activate your card!
If your card is already activated, please read below to see if one of these issues may be the cause.
1. Damaged - If the chip or magnetic strip on your card is damaged or worn out, your card likely needs to be replaced. Use the app to notify us that your card is damaged, and we'll send you a new one.
2. Locked - If your card isn't working, it may be locked. Be aware that there are two levels of locked card with MoneyLion:
- Customer lock - This is a lock that you can initiate via the app at any time. You can also deactivate the lock through the app at any time. Our customer support team can arrange these locks for you if you don't currently have access to the app.
- Internal lock - This is a lock that MoneyLion or our bank partners initiate on your account. This is primarily done to protect your account while we investigate potentially fraudulent transactions on your behalf. You cannot deactivate this lock yourself. This lock is to protect your information and funds in the event that they are compromised. We'll notify you if an internal lock is being placed on your card, but there's always the possibility that you may try to use the card before seeing our notifications.
3. Negative or low funds - If you don't have enough balance on your MoneyLion checking account to cover a purchase, your card will most likely be declined, but you won't get charged an overdraft fee. If funds are low, you can get 0% APR cash advances instantly in the app to complete your purchase.
Be aware that while MoneyLion checking has no fees for maintaining your account, we also will not allow customers to run up a negative balance. If your account ever does go negative it becomes unusable until you pay off the negative balance and get funds back into the account. This measure prevents you from running up a debt that you may not be able to pay back.