Applying is quick and easy in the MoneyLion app. To apply, you must:
- Be at least 18 years old
- Be a US citizen or permanent resident of the US
- Have a Social Security number
- Have a checking or spending account
Please note, Credit Builder Plus is not currently available in some states (learn more below).
When you apply, we'll conduct a soft credit pull that will not affect your credit score. You don’t need good credit to be eligible. You can even apply if you don’t have any credit history at all. Once you link your primary checking or spending account, we’ll securely scan your finances to see if you qualify. The account you link must meet the following criteria:
- A checking or spending account in good standing (determined at MoneyLion’s discretion) with a detectable income stream (i.e., it’s where you deposit your paychecks/salary/benefits checks). Savings and money market accounts will not qualify.
- The account has been open for at least 60 days.
- The account demonstrates an acceptable balance and active transaction history (determined at MoneyLion’s discretion).
If you’re having trouble getting approved for Credit Builder Plus, there are a few things you can do to help improve your chances. First, be sure that your personal account information is accurate and matches public records. Second, try again with a more established checking/spending account.