Applying is quick and easy in the MoneyLion app. To apply, you must:
- Be at least 18 years old
- Be a US citizen or permanent resident
- Have a Social Security number
- Have a bank account, debit card or prepaid card (so you can make payments)
There’s no credit check to apply and you don’t need good credit to be eligible. You can even apply if you don’t have any credit history at all.
To get started, just link your primary checking account, and we’ll securely scan your finances to see if you qualify. The account you link must meet the following criteria:
- A checking or spending account in good standing (at MoneyLion’s discretion) with a detectable income stream (i.e. it’s where you deposit your paychecks/salary/benefits checks). Savings and money market accounts will not qualify.
- The account has been open for at least 60 days.
- The account demonstrates an acceptable balance and active transaction history (at MoneyLion’s discretion).
You can apply directly in the MoneyLion app and we’ll let you know if you’re approved for the Credit Builder Plus membership almost instantly.
If your account doesn’t qualify, please try again when it has been open longer and/or had more consistent deposits and positive balance — or try connecting another checking account!
Here are a few more tips on qualifying for Credit Builder Plus:
- Enter your personal information exactly as it appears on your linked checking account as all details must match.
- Make sure your personal information such as name, address etc, matches public records. If we are unable to confirm the information you provide against public records you may be rejected for a CB+ loan. In some cases, we may require you to provide additional supporting documents such as proof of identity or proof of address, a bank statement and/or utility bill so that we can manually verify your identity.